Friday, January 2, 2009

Happiness Day 2 - Resoultions

My resolutions for this year work 2 ways right now. I'm not sure they will stay that way but I have some general resolutions and I also 'borrowed' a copy of Gretchen's resolution chart. She's willing to share so check out her site and e-mail her for a copy if you like.

To track progress I printed out my General Resolutions (ok, i know that chart needs a snazzier name...) and the January Resolutions to post over my desk. Because I am on overdrive with getting this started, getting the house in order and getting ready to go back to school I am following Gretchen's resolutions with only minor tweaks. The focus for January is to get things in order.

General Resolutions
  1. Create frequently.
  2. No new books.
  3. Shop local.
  4. Cultivate poverty.
  5. De-clutter.
  6. Wear my hair down.
  7. Put on makeup.
  8. Eat healthy.
  9. Be active.
  10. Give - my time, my attention, myself.
Janurary Resolutions: Boosting Energy
  1. Make the bed.
  2. Clear my closets.
  3. Tackle a nagging task.
  4. Restore, maintain, organize.
  5. Use my to-do list.
  6. Identify the problem.
  7. Follow the “one-minute rule.”
  8. Observe the evening tidy-up.
It seems to me that some of my general resolutions (like 1, 4, 10...) might cross the line to commandments and are not as specific as they could be. What do you think?

No comments: